The other day someone asked me what kinda of conditioner I use for for hair. This has lead me talking about my holy grail conditioner WEN by Chaz Dean.
I have been using Wen for years now and I absolutely swear by it. As it says on the bottle it’s “ultra nourishing cleansing treatment“, and I couldn’t agree more.
Wen is supposed to be used as a shampoo to cleanse your hair and scalp while also moisturizing and nourishing your hair. It contains soy proteins which give your hair strength and shine.
Now that you know the basics, let’s talk about how to use it. This is a suggested application as written on the back of the box:
- “Rinse hair thoroughly, apply into your palms, and rub together.
- Use 10 to 16 pumps for short hair, 16 to 24 for medium length hair, and 24 to 32 pumps for long hair. If your hair is longer/thicker, you may need to increase the amount of pumps.
- Apply to scalp and hair, adding a splash of water to evenly distribute. It does not contain harsh detergents or sodium lauryl sulfate, so it won’t lather.
- Massage thoroughly into hair and leave on for the remainder of your shower.
- Rinse thoroughly and completely, massaging scalp and running fingers through to the ends.
- Apply a half to one pump depending on hair length and texture as a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair.”
If you have followed these instructions and your hair came out greasy and weighed down then don’t worry, this is where I can help you!
First of all, let me just say that I do not use Wen this way at all. I find the suggested method just doesn’t work for my hair. However, I find that the product is still great as a heavy duty conditioner. Here is how I use it:
- First I use purple shampoo for my blonde hair
- Then I apply generous amount of WEN cleansing treatment (about 10 pumps )
- Leave it on for few min.
- Rinse it out. This is the most important part ! Make sure you rinse it out really well otherwise it will weigh your hair down.
- Then I apply another 2 pumps to the tips of my hair as leave in conditioner.
My hair always feels soft and way more manageable when I use WEN. And let’s not forget about the smell. Lemon Rosemary and a hint of Vanilla bean will linger in your hair for days. So don’t be intimidated by the instructions on the back and try it my way!
Are you going to give WEN a try?